by Lifestyle Makeover Artist, Christine Bové, as seen in Issue 6 of Nearly Naked Magazine.
Summer is on its way and it’s time to show your sexy curves! Whether you’re wearing your bathing suit, body chains, or summer dresses, you need to make sure you are not having the “bloated belly syndrome!”
When you are bloated it’s a clear sign you’re eating the wrong foods, from wheat, gluten, sugar to dairy, these foods can wreak havoc on your digestive track.
So what the heck do you eat?
A smoothie is the perfect breakfast or ice cream replacement that won’t leave you feeling and looking bloated. There is no right or wrong way to create a smoothie, you can add whatever foods you love, but the key is to use all natural fruit for sweetness and no additional sugar.
Add greens to a smoothie to get in your veggies, the darker the greens the better they help to detox the liver.
Here is one of my favorite quick and easy recipes:
Berry Blast Smoothie
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup cherries
- ½ cup greens (kale, dandelion, spinach – whatever you have in your fridge)
- 1-2 scoops of protein powder (rice, pea, hemp – whatever you like best)
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds
- ½ cup water (or you can use coconut, almond or rice milk)
Blend well in your blender, nutri-bullet, or use an immersion blender (my personal favorite since there is less clean up).
1. Use frozen organic fruit and move it from the freezer to the fridge to thaw before you make your smoothie. The fruit is sweeter when it’s thawed.
2. Try a variety of different fruits to find what you like best. Sometimes you need to experiment to achieve the right flavor and consistency for you. I prefer my smoothies thick, and without ice since I don’t like them too cold, but you can add water or ice to yours to make it thinner or colder.
Smoothies are great to take on the go too- perfect for your days on the beach when you want to look and feel fabulous.
Lifestyle Makeover Artist, Christine Bové, inspires women to allow creative energies to flow into their environments and mindsets to improve their confidence, bring clarity to their future and set them up for success.
Christine is a frequent guest on various national and international radio and internet programs.
Christine is a contributing writer for Nearly Naked Magazine and a co-author of the book, Balance for Busy Moms. To learn more about Christine and her lifestyle makeover programs, visit www.christinebove.com.
Do you have a favorite recipe to eliminate belly bloat? We would love to hear yours!